The roots of this hotel site stretch back to 1712 when several small houses served as lodging for visitors to the Talbot County Courthouse. The Tidewater Inn as it is known today, was built on the site in 1947, and has been a significant focal point in the Easton community for the last 60 years.
South Fork Studio was hired to transform an existing walled courtyard with a swimming pool into a space compatible with the architecture of the hotel and also functional for weddings and other outdoor events. The pool was removed and the new formal garden includes custom designed wooden gates, a pergola colonnade, and a water feature with a bronze sculpture design by local artisan David Turner. The hotel is now designated one of the Historic Hotels of America by the National Historic Trust, and has been recognized by the U.S. National Park Services as a Registered National Historic Place.